Fundamental Research Laboratory for Postgraduate Training of Doctors (Pharmacists)
Published: 11 June 2014
Last Updated: 10 February 2016
Volodymyr V. KRASNOV, Ph.D., Dr. Sc., Full Professor
The Fundamental Research Laboratory for Postgraduate Training of Doctors (Pharmacists) was founded according to the Order of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine from 06.04.1994, No.50 "On the Creation of Fundamental Research Laboratories for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Training of Doctors (Pharmacists)".
According to the Order of the Rector of NMAPE from 25/01/2006, No. 107 the Fundamental Research Laboratory for Postgraduate Training of Doctors (Pharmacists) was made as part of the Research Academic and Methodological Centre of Distance Education of NMAPE.
The leading specialists of the Academy are engaged in the Laboratory activities as they are skilled in science, pedagogics and practice.
The Fundamental Research Laboratory for Postgraduate Training of Doctors (Pharmacists) is part of the Research Academic and Methodological Centre of Distance Education of NMAPE.
The Laboratory activities are subject to the terms of Ukrainian Education Act, Edict of the President of Ukraine and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the orders of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, higher education standard acts and administrative decrees.
The coordination and methodological support of the activities of the Laboratory are made by the Center of Distance Education, Central Methodical Department for Higher Education of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and Education Board of the Academy.
1. Conducting research in postgraduate medical education within the system of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
2. Studying the global movement of the developed postgraduate education for practical use.
3. Developing public standard general designs for training differently-skilled people.
4. Presenting recommendations for implementing new educational technologies and teaching experience into the system of doctors' and pharmacists' postgraduate education.
5. Sharing best practices in postgraduate education among the specialists of the higher medical and pharmaceutical educational institutions of III-IV accreditation levels of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
1. To share best practices among the specialists of higher educational institutions on the following issues:
- medical services and medical education quality management;
- academic activity subject-matter, management and organization study;
- instructional research experience acquisition by participation in the conferences arranged by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine;
- guidelines for improving the academic activity modes and methods in respect of certain specialities, improving the licensing examination procedures presentation;
- doctors' and pharmacists' postgraduate educationsystem reform.
2. To participate in developing the patterns of doctors' and pharmacists' postgraduate education state standards and their implementation.
3. To participate in developing the coordination of the activities of NMAPE departments and units with due regard to the current experience of the other instructional research institutions.
4. To investigate, develop and introduce innovative technologies and knowledge transfer and control means into the system of postgraduate medical education:
- implementing telehealth, instructional and educational technologies;
- organizing off-line O-T-J training;
- developing procedural e-learning aids;
- estimating tests validity;
- collating information concerning the principles of organization of postgraduate medical education and distance educationaround the globe;
- substantiating time standards to plan and record the educators' teaching and studies when organizing distance education.
In conjunction with the Institute for Hygiene and Medical Ecology, the NAMS of Ukraine, the Laboratory staff members carried out the research project entitled "Developing the Regulatory System of Continuous Professional Development for Doctors to Provide the Ukrainian Population with High Performance Healthcare".
They also conducted the research project entitled "System Information Concept of Evaluating the Efficiency of Medical Service and Medical Education and Managing Their Quality".
1. Improving planned parenthood and reproductive health in Ukraine ("Together to Health"). It operates under the authority of USAID and with the assistance of Harvard School of Public Health. As part of the project there were developed:
- a training program for healthcare regulators;
- educational resource;
and published a manual for teachers "Instructional Technologies in Reproductive Health Issues Teaching".
2. Studying e-learning technologies with the assistance of Ukraine Swiss Perinatal Health Project. One of the priorities is to improve the Ukrainian doctors' professional potential through supporting innovatory approaches to the continuous professional development (with an accent on using on-line training workshops and distance educational tools).
9 Dorohozhytska Str., Kyiv, 04112,
phone: (044) 205-49-86