Clinical and Technological Challenges in Staging and Reconstructive Surgery. Gunshot and Home Injuries, Electric Welding of Live Tissues, Diabetic Foot
Published: 30 November 2016
Last Updated: 12 April 2017
On November 24-26, the annual XVI international research and practice conference “Clinical and Technological Challenges in Staging and Reconstructive Surgery. Gunshot and Home Injuries, Electric Welding of Live Tissues, Diabetic Foot” was held. Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education was a co-organizer of the conference and fully contributed to its successful start. The interdisciplinary part of the conference, which deals with the development of live tissue electric welding, was traditionally held at E.O. Paton Institute of Electric Welding of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
In general, 515 participants attended the event, including guests from Belarus, Turkey and China. 151 members were from Kyiv, 37 - from regional centres.
Vice-Rector for International Relations and International Students Research and Training, Full Professor Olesya Hulchiy made an opening speech. She mentioned that NMAPE had taken part in developing and implementing electric welding technology from early stages of its creation in E.O. Paton Institute of Electric Welding until today.
The main scientific questions at the conference were the following:
• surgical methods of reducing tissue swelling and their importance in overall effectiveness of wound healing;
• management of the balance in the system of blood flow-swelling-exudate-compartment syndrome using vacuum therapy and other technologies;
• comparative effectiveness of the impact of surgical and nonsurgical correction methods of blood flow and metabolism on the treatment outcome of complicated wounds and purulonecrotic lesions, especially diabetic foot;
• structure formation of electro-welded connection and regeneration of tissues after electric welding, key properties of connection;
• use of personalized methods of plastic displacement and alloplasty of postambustial and posttraumatic tissue defects, indications for the use of cell-replacing technologies.
Special attention was paid to the features of wounds and purulonecrotic lesions at battle trauma, burns, diabetic foot, peritonitis, proctological diseases at three plenary and four breakout sessions, including seminars and round-table conferences.
There were considered features of the use of live tissue electric welding in general and emergency surgery, otorhinolaryngology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, thoracic surgery.
In a dialogue with foreign speakers the questions of cooperation of Ukrainian surgeons and their incorporation with the European Wound Management Association were highlighted.
The staff members of the Department of Surgery and Vascular Surgery of Shupyk National Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education traditionally took part at the conference. The reports and multimedia support aroused interest and lively discussion among the audience and other speakers.
The ХVІI conference is planned for November, 30 – December, 1, 2017. Information about the conditions of participation you can find on the website http://wounds.org.ua